Saturday 5 April 2014

Fossil Earrings desing by Me

I've recently bought a french book La Frivolite aux navettes by Edwige Renaudin and I found few very interesting things there.

One of them was making multiple rings on split ring. As I don't speak french it was quite tricky to figure out the technique especially if the tatting was done Front side/Back side.

Once I got it and played with it the idea for these Fossil Earrings was born. For some reason I like them so much that I've made a few different color pairs already and the pattern is one of my favorite.

Despite their look they are easy and surprisingly very fast to make, about 30 minutes for one earring, and they are made by using Front/Back side tatting. They hold the shape very well just by the steaming them so no stiffening is necessary.

Maybe next time I'll put some beads there as well :)

1 comment: